Friday, November 16, 2012

Casabella HJ 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon

Casabella House Jam Smooth Red, Emilia Romagna, Italy label
So yes, I'm back, back to write colorful and sometimes lazy, colorless reviews on my favorite topic, Wine. To start off this revival of my wine wit let's go with an Italian Cabernet Sauvignon 2009. Here are my notes from when I tasted it.

Nose:On the nose, this wine had medium-plus intensity. Youthful fruit, cedar-box, sour-cherry, hints of candied strawberry, vanilla  and anise.

Palate: Dry, medium body, sour sherry, strawberry, vanilla, cedar-box, medium-plus finish. Not overly complex but definitely good for the price. Great sour cherry and ripe plum on mid-palate. Medium plus tannins and medium alcohol.

Verdict: For the price this wine is very good. It's not an overly complex wine but it is consistent in its approach to your senses. If you get a chance try a bottle and please leave a comment with your own tasting notes, till then, see you next time.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll
    be book-marking and checking back often!

    Feel free to surf to my website: Replica Rolex Watches

    ReplyDelete