Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bighorn Cellars 2005 Merlot - Broken Rock Vineyards in Napa

1230090137a_85641.jpeg
Forget about Sideways and it's take on Merlot, because along with Cabernet Sauvignon, Cab Franc, Petit Verdot, and others, it is still a royal grape of Bordeaux. I've enjoyed enough wine tonight so I'm a get right into it. What I'm drinking tonight is Bighorn Cellars 2005 Merlot out of Napa. On the nose I pick up Berries, both red, black and blue berries. I also pick up a bit of plum and tea. The taste buds tend to follow the same suit as the nose, carrying with it the plum and rasberries. But the complexities come in the finish, I get the nuances of black tea and a hint of earth of soil. Basically if you love wine and have been neglecting Merlot, it's the time to revisit such a elegant grape. Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment