Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Nevada City Winery Cabernet Franc 2005 - My cheap wine of the week



Welcome again my friends, I'm curious, are you guys familiar with Cinderella? Of course you are, everyone knows about Cinderella. Well, if you remember, Cinderella used to cook and clean for her evil step-mother and sisters, because of all the work she did on a daily basis, no one could see her true beautiful self. So, recently a good friend and I decided we needed to get away from all of the craziness that comes with a recession in the economy What we did was drive up to this quaint town themed in western architecture from the late 1800's to early 1900's but with better restaurants. Driving through Nevada City, California, thoughts of the OK corral comes to mind. But we aren't there to site-see or take pictures, we were there to get some writing done without the distractions of city life. Robert finishing up his first novel and I working on my second, it was something we both needed to do, at least in respect to our sanity. Well, after staying up writing all night intoxicated off of numerous bottles of wine and cigars, the next morning we decided to break the rules and go check out the town. While walking down the street in the snow on a sunny day, I noticed a winery interesting, I thought, why not go in and try some. Now, to tell you the truth, I didn't expect anything out off the ordinary, I mean, I live in California, there's a winery or wine tasting on every corner. What I found was a diamond in the rough, once I took a sip, this elegant beauty tickled my tongue. A little like Cinderella, once she was dolled up, her beauty was surprisingly breath-taking, just like this wine. The Nevada City Winery Cabernet Franc 2005 (23 dollars) was the wine that seduced my palate. The nose carried creamy vanilla, bright cherry, and hints of earth and spice. The taste filled my mouth with fresh fruit, chocolate, and soil. The balance was manicured with good transitions from beginning to mid, and had great concentrated of cherry from mid to finish which lasted for about a minute and ten seconds after the wine went down. Now all of this is well and good, and I know for the average person, getting this wine may be a problem, but you can order online at www.ncwinery.com. If you can't orderthis wine, and get the chance to get away, definitely drive up to this gem of a town to be transported back in time, it will be an experience that will be hard to forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment