Tuesday, January 19, 2010

La Yunta Tinto 2007

0120100132a_81859.jpeg

Tonight I'm drinking an Argentinian Blend. And what a blend this South American wines is. This La Yunta Tinto blends Cabernet Sauvignon 35%, Malbec 35%, Bonarda 16%, Syrah 11% the white wine grape Torrontes 3%. Normally, I would elaborate with flowery dictation about what I felt when I drunk such a wine, but not tonight. I do love this wine, so I'm goin' to get right into it. On the nose the La Yunta carries Plum/black Cherry, and bright Strawberries, it also breeds within it's womb hints of Venison and earthy licorice. When tasting this bottle from Argentina, I caught nuances of big fleshy strawberry and rasberries mixed in with well blended tannins, which carried through the long finish. Also in the mid to finish I taste some pepper from the Syrah blended in, and sour plum which deliciously danced on the tongue for at least two minutes after the wine went down my throat. So that is it, try it, and comment if you like it, comment even if you don't like it, I just want to know your opinions. Peace and I hope you are thus far enjoying the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment